Back to Radiopharmaceuticals in Nuclear Pharmacy and Nuclear Medicine, 3e
"Radiopharmaceuticals in Nuclear Pharmacyand Nuclear Medicine, 3rd edition, is arguably the most comprehensive text currently available for students of nuclear pharmacy.With continued revision and expansion, the authors are moving to establish this text as the new benchmark for the teaching of nuclear pharmacy."
Edward M. Bednarczyk, PharmD
University at Buffalo
The Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2012 September, Volume 46
"This is the most comprehensive book on basic radioactive principles, nuclear pharmacy practice activities, diagnostic and therapeutic drug preparation and utilization, radiation safety, and nuclear regulations for nuclear pharmacists in the United States. It is an excellent teaching textbook for students and a valuable reference for practitioners."
Elaine Mackowiak, BSPharm, MS, PhD, RPh
Temple University School of Pharmacy
Radiopharmaceuticals in Nuclear Pharmacy and Nuclear Medicine is a comprehensive reference for nuclear pharmacists, nuclear medicine physicians, and nuclear medicine technologists that also can be used as a textbook in those disciplines. It is recommended for specialty board examination in nuclear medicine and nuclear pharmacy. The book contains essential information required by state and federal radiation licensing organizations for specialty practitioners preparing to become authorized nuclear pharmacists or authorized nuclear medicine physicians.
• Chapters reorganized and expanded with updated information.
• 4 new chapters.
• More than 500 figures and 200 tables.
• Color images throughout the text.
Table of Contents
• Radiopharmaceuticals, Nuclear Medicine, and Nuclear Pharmacy: An Overview
• Radioactive Decay
• Radionuclide Production
• Interactions of Radiation with Matter
• Radiation Detection and Instrumentation
• Radiation Measurement, Protection, and Risk
• Radiation Safety
• Radiation Biology
• Radiopharmaceutical Chemistry: General Topics
• Radiopharmaceutical Chemistry: Technetium Agents
• Radiopharmaceutical Chemistry: Non-Technetium Agents
• Radiopharmaceutical Chemistry: PET Agents
• The Nuclear Pharmacy
• Quality Control in Nuclear Pharmacy
• Microbiological Control for Radiopharmaceuticals
• Radiopharmaceutical Special Topics
• Molecular Imaging and the Development of New Radiopharmaceuticals
• Licensing and Regulatory Control
• Liver, Spleen, and Gastrointestinal System
• Total-Body SPECT Procedures
• Clinical PET Procedures
• Antibodies and Peptides
• Therapeutic Applications of Radioactive Agents
• In Vivo Function Studies