This user-friendly book will be a handy resource for new preceptors, those considering becoming preceptors, and seasoned preceptors in any practice setting. Written in a conversational tone and containing examples and illustrated cases, Getting Started as a Pharmacy Preceptor covers the essential information to become and succeed as a pharmacy preceptor for introductory and advanced pharmacy practice experiences (IPPEs and APPEs).
• Quick answers and helpful tips
• Illustrated cases
• Conversational, easy-to-read style
• Appropriate for precepting IPPEs and APPEs
Table of Contents
• Are You Doing This for the Right Reasons?
• What Can You Do?
• Getting Ready
• Your First Students
• Integrating Your Student into Practice
• The Importance of Feedback and Evaluation
• Continuous Improvement for the Experience
• Precepting as an Art Form
• Over-arching Principles for Common Student Problems
• Case Studies